1. Understand your drug-free workplace policy.
2. Know and understand your role and responsibilities in enforcing you employer's drug-free workplace policy.
3. Ensure that your workers understand their responsibility to:
• know your company's drug-free workplace policy;
• follow it and set a good example for others;
• seek help if they or their co-workers need it; and
• notify management if they observe drug or alcohol use or impairment that threatens safety.
4. Follow company guidelines if you suspect a worker has a problem.